- Immediately Evacuate everyone from the building and call Propane Services or the fire department from a phone outside the building.
- Do not remain in the building,
- Leave the area immediately! Get everyone out of the building or area where you suspect gas is leaking.
- No flames or sparks! Immediately put out all smoking materials and other open flames.
- Do not use the telephone or light switches or try to determine the source of the leak by yourself. Flames or electrical sparks from these sources can trigger an explosion.
- Do not operate lights, appliances, telephones, or cell phones.
- Shut off the gas supply. Using the shut-off valve at the tank or cylinder if it is safe to do so. TURN THE VALVE HANDLE CLOCKWISE TO SHUT OFF.
Report a Leak
From a neighbor's home or other nearby building away from the gas leak, call Propane Services right away at 623-643-0190
. If you can't reach your propane retailer, call 911 or your local fire department. Do Not Return To The Building Or Area until Propane Services and/or the Fire Department determines that it is safe to do so.
Get Your System Checked
Before you attempt to use any of your propane appliances, Propane Services must check your entire system to ensure that it is leak-free.